Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Things keep disappearing?

Over the past couple of months Jason and I have noticed things have been slowly disappearing. Mostly Haley's smaller toys, such as her fridge farm magnets, balls to her ball thrower, and hair bows. In the beginning I always thought they had slid under the oven, or under the TV stand, or even the couch and chairs. Then I did a good cleaning in the house from top to bottom, room to room...I was on a mission to find some of these items with no luck. I didn't know if the dog could have been eating them or taking them outside. I have been keeping a close eye on our fridge farm pieces. We started out with ten animal pieces and at this time we are down to four! I had an idea of what was happening to these and had been keeping a close eye on Haley to confirm it. Well if confirmation was what I was looking for, then I got it this morning. Jason had taken the trash out this morning and like always forgot to put a new bag in. I had been cleaning and Haley was playing. She loves to be in the kitchen. We have one bottom cabinet that Haley is allowed in with kid safe items (plastic cups, bowls, etc.) Well, when I went to put something in the trash I noticed there was no bag, but I also noticed there was a fridge farm piece, a potato masher, and the plastic parts to Haley's food grinder were all in the bottom of the can. Haley had even been nice enough to move the entire canister of flour over by the trash can. I am sure this was next on her list but she couldn't quite figure out how to pick up the canister and open the lid to the trash can. Even as I was taking these items out of the trash trying to explain to my 15 month old this is not where these items go (Wasting my time I know) every time I put one of the items back in the cabinet she was running it back over to the trash. We are back to the days of training our dogs to stay out of the trash can. I have places a laundry basket on top of our trash can in hopes of keeping Haley out. There is no telling how many items from Haley's kitchen cabinet are missing, well not missing anymore, but been thrown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment