Wednesday, March 2, 2011

15 Months....Where have you gone?

Well today my baby girl is 15 months old. It just doesn't seem like it was that long ago that Jason and I were in the hospital having her and I was staying up all night just to stare at her. Or the first three months when she was in the bassinet right by my side of the bed and I probably only got 4 hours of sleep a night because I just couldn't stop staring at her. Man time goes by fast, I wish I could find a way to make it slow down. Even as a stay at home mother, I have spent nearly every minute with Haley and still feel like it isn't enough. My heart goes out to all the working mothers out there, but I am also a true believer that it isn't the quantity but the quality of time spent with your child.
So, today has been a beautiful day with the sun shining bright. Haley and I started out the day by picking up my grandmother and heading to Lexington. First stop was Haley's 15 month well check up visit. The doctor said she was in perfect health (which I didn't need to be told, up to this point we have not had a single sick visit to the doctor), but she did need to get three shots today. I was not real pleased with the nurse that came in today. usually the nurse will come in and get EVERYTHING ready, line up each shot already opened and ready to go, also lining up the bandages ready to go. So once the child is held down things go 1, 2, 3 and done. The nurse today decided to have me hold Haley down as she took her time opening each shot, administering it, and closing it before grabbing the next one. Next time I think I will request things be set up prior to me restraining my screaming child for five minutes like I did today. After the doctors appointment we did some shopping and to Panera Bread for lunch. Yumm! We had such a good time out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment