Wednesday, March 9, 2011

One Proud Momma!

There are very few things that I worry about as part of being a stay at home mother as far as Haley's development is concerned, and one of my main worries has been that she will not be social in a positive way with other children. As of now she does not get interaction with children on a regular basis except in the balcony of church on Sunday mornings. Well, this past Friday we were out and about in Louisville and decided to stop by the mall for a dinner and a little shopping. We ate at Red Robin and it was a wonderful experience. There was just enough going on inside that place to keep Haley busy so her mommy and daddy could enjoy their meals. As we were leaving we stopped in a children's clothing store in the mall. It was about an hour from closing time, so there was not much of a crowd at all. I actually think it was just us and then another group made of a little girl (about 5 or 6 years old), her mother, and grandmother. Sure enough the first thing Haley did when we walked in was walk straight over to the little girl, tapped her arm, and just smiled at her. I went straight into looking for some good deals leaving Jason in charge of following Haley around the store letting her stretch her legs some before the drive home. It hadn't been but just a few minutes and this is what I found....

Haley had made a new friend. They were talking, playing, and having a great time. I was so excited to see how good Haley was that I had to get a picture. They sat there for the remainder of our time there watching the TV while this young girl's mother and I talked about the joys of having little girls. I am always so proud to see just how social she is with other children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment